Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World s Best heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, advanced embedded control systems, and a range of powertrain technologies that include the MX engine family and compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks. Central to this dedication is Kenworth s commitment to advanced embedded systems that deliver industry-leading safety, fuel efficiency, and service. Kenworth was the first truck manufacturer to receive the Environmental Protection Agency s Clean Air Excellence award in recognition of its environmentally friendly products, and continues to be an industry leader in meeting the most stringent emissions standards.
- Design and release of electrical and electronic systems and architecture for heavy commercial truck.
- Integrate subsystems into vehicle electrical/electronic network architecture.
- Develop and document engineering specifications for new vehicle functions.
- Obtain agreement from cross-divisional counterparts on global design direction.
- Support test organization in identification and resolution of design issues. Update architectural documents accordingly.
- Provide interface documentation to wiring design, software architect(s), and other engineering design groups.
- Contribute to development and continuous improvement of procedures and practices that ensure industry-leading, high-quality, reliable electronic systems and architecture. Manage engineering and project management processes to maintain schedule, budget, and functionality.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry trends in the field of commercial vehicle E/E systems, network architecture and technology.
- Up to 10% travel (domestic and international).
- BSEE or equivalent degree required.
- Master s degree and PE license preferred.
- 4+ years of design experience in automotive or commercial vehicle electrical systems or industry-related field preferred.
- Experience in design and application of automotive electronic control modules, switches, driver input devices, software, or HMI elements.
- Solid understanding of Six Sigma disciplines and tools preferred.
- Experience with automotive or commercial vehicle networks, such as CAN, SAE J1939 and LIN preferred.
- Proficiency using Requirements Management tools and Systems Engineering tools desired. Experience using Matlab/Simulink, IBM Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Rational Team Concert, Sparx Enterprise Architect, and/or HP Quality Center is a plus.
- Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
- Experience in product development and new product implementation.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with personal computer software including project management tools, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally, and be results oriented.