CTDI is a large scale Engineering, Repair, and Logistics company that services the country’s largest wireless telecommunications providers, as well as the largest High-speed Internet & Cable providers. CTDI has over 7,000 FT US Employees in over 58 world class US Operations. CTDI also has a global footprint with more than 16,500 employees worldwide.
CTDI is looking for a few Full time Electronic Technicians (Tech A) Fiber Optics, for the expansion of one of our customers. This Fiber Optics Board Level Repair Technician will be responsible for performing functions associated with test, repair and troubleshooting operations. Performing rework and quality testing of customer units to component level. Diagnose and repair amplifiers returned from customers. Other responsibilities will include:
- Tests, troubleshoots, and repairs electronic components, and Fiber Optics Boards.
- Troubleshooting and resolves more complex technical issues.
- Troubleshooting low performance products and prototypes using schematics and layouts.
- Assist in developing methods and procedures to modify and improve the test process.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to meet schedules and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Troubleshooting to the component level.
- Maintains satisfactory Quality performance levels.
- Maintain a clean, organized work station.
- Trains and/or assists other Technicians in aspects of repair(if experienced).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Abilities to troubleshoot with Electronics repair equipment such as Multi meter, Oscilloscope, Optical Power Meters, JDSU / VIAVI T-BIRD to determine failures down to board level.
- Possess soldering and de-soldering skills, SMD.
- Knowledge of electronic circuitcomponentry and theory.
- Abilities to read Schematics and Technical Documentation
- Familiar with MS Office programs and other pertinent software.
- Associates degree in Electronics or Engineering Technology is preferred or equivalent (military, e.g.)
- Familiarity with Ciena (Formally Nortel) OME 6500 a plus.
- Experience with operation of RF test equipment (network analyzer, power meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, and oscilloscope).
- Experience using hand tools (soldering irons, test fixtures).
- Advance Fiber Optic Splicing(Ribbon/PM and Recoating).
- Electronics Certification.
Apply today to join our dynamic team! CTDI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and has been a growing leader in the telecommunications field for over 40 years. Come put our successful history behind your career! EOE, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
CTDI does not accept unsolicited employment agency / recruiter resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website, to our HR Department or to any CTDI employee. CTDI will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm without a signed fee agreement or to any firm who was not issued a search assignment from CTDI's HR Department. CTDI will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered.