General Position Summary
Performs intermediate to complex electro-mechanical assembly, alignment, testing and troubleshooting of video capture (cameras) and video processing products and systems using engineering and/or production drawings. When required, work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to solve complex and technical problems while providing innovative ideas to improve manufacturability.
Essential Job Functions
· Knowledge of video systems and cameras from technical, electrical and mechanical aspects.
· Knowledge of video formats including NTSC, PAL, HD, circuits and interfaces.
· Knowledge of analog, video and digital circuits.
· Must be able to read and interpret schematics diagrams, mechanical assembly drawings and procedures.
· Possess excellent mechanical, electronics troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to use and implement software for both Processors and FPGAs
· Ability to troubleshoot to the component level.
· Must have knowledge of electronic component identification and function.
· Fabricates, tests and troubleshoots production systems, assemblies, sub-assemblies, and prototypes following verbal direction, manufacturing orders, and engineering drawings.
· Utilizes IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC-A-610, and IPC J-STD-001 guidelines to standardize workmanship and product reliability standards in the industry.
· Have high expectation to produce quality assemblies with zero defects, and follow strict manufacturing assembly instructions and procedures, Engineering drawings, blueprints, and schematic.
· Familiar with ISO 9001:2008 or AS9100 standards.
· Knowledge of test equipment including: oscilloscope, ohmmeter, frequency counter, pattern generator, vectorscope, and video waveform monitors.
Other & Miscellaneous
· Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
· Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
· Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
· Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
· Maintains good communication with staff
.· Complies with all company policies and procedures.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
Essential Job Skills
Accuracy, Attendance & Punctuality, Attention to Detail, Communication: Oral, Reading & Writing in English at high school level, Hand-Eye Coordination, Flexibility/Adaptability, Listening & Understanding, Math Skills-Basic, Measurements: U.S. & Metric, Multi-Tasking, Office Equipment Usage, Personal Computer Usage, Planning & Organizing, Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Relationship Building, Team Participation, Time Management.
Education & Work Experience
· Associate degree in Electronics and minimum 5 years in a relevant technical field. Strong knowledge in electronic circuit theory. Extreme discipline and adherence to control/safety are necessary elements of the day-to-day role.
· Video experience 3-5 years.
· Attention to details, strong problem solving and organizational skills.
· Excellent written, verbal communication and computer skills
· At least 5-8 years of experience in electro-mechanical systems assembly, testing, repair and troubleshooting. Excellent soldering skill.
· Must be familiar with production standards such as mechanical and electronic assembly, soldering and electronic circuits, etc.
· Experience with Defense Electronics and Systems highly desired
Tools & Equipment
· General office equipment including phones, personal computer, copy machine, laser printer, typewriter, etc.
· Digital caliper, temperature chamber, soldering iron, digital multi-meters, solder kit, special industrial tools, all types of hand tools (screwdrivers, scissors, etc), pliers, wrench, cutter, stripper, tweezers, file, hot knife, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, heat gun, drills, different kinds of generators (pattern generator, function generator).
· Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office applications.
Required Certificates / Licenses / etc
· Possession of US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency
· Preferred completion of soldering certification in IPC-A-610 or IPC J-STD-001