TRAX Test Services
Job Title: Electronic Technician (Threat Electronic Specialist II)
Job Code: 2018:0402-085
Location: Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
FT/PT Status: Full Time
Business Sector: 042 – Threat Systems and Target Simulation
Perform operations and maintenance on the following systems: Oehler Acoustic System, Field Equivalent Bar Targets (FEBT), Video Based Scoring System (VBLSS), Advanced Remote Control System (ARCS), Remote controlled targets, foreign radar systems, and unmanned remote controlled target systems. Perform all operations in accordance with manufacturer’s manual and Standard Operating Procedures. Receive training in operations and maintenance under the guidance of a Fabrication / Operations Electronic Technicians III or higher technician and require minimal guidance to perform duties. Perform other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Pay Rate: $21.94 /hour
• Must possess an Associates of Applied Science degree in Electronics or equivalent training acquired through military or a recognized trade school and 4 years of experience in a related technical field in Threat Systems Section with no disciplinary actions.
• Must have 1 year as a Threat Electronics Specialist I and must be able to perform all duties of a Threat Electronics Specialist I or have 3 years directly related electronics experience in Section 42.
• Must be able to acquire a class B or higher CDL in six months and maintain for the duration of employment
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must be able to perform all levels of operations and maintenance to include acoustic scoring systems, remote control Caswell target systems, and foreign SA systems.
• Must be able to design, fabricate, and operate thermal target systems.
• Must be willing and able to mentor and train subordinate personnel to attain desired progression within
• Must have basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs.
• Must be able to use two-way radios, email, and cellular phones for communications.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be capable of frequent bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping, sometimes for long periods.
• Must be able to ascend and descend equipment.
• Must be able to visually distinguish colors.
• Must be capable of lifting and transporting 75 lbs. unassisted over uneven ground for 50 feet.
• Must be able to conduct daily tasks with little supervision.
• Must not have any current disciplinary actions in personnel file.
• Must be able to travel for off-site duties up to 30% of time and remain at travel location for up to 3 weeks
at a time.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to
support test missions.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Possess 4+ years of experience as an electronics technician.
• Experience with bucket truck operations.
• Possess a class A CDL
• Possess the ability to communicate with customers, coworkers, support personnel, military, government,
management, and senior officials in a professional, positive, and customer-focused manner.
• Experience with radio frequency, formal training in electronic math, solid-state devices, or digital circuits.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
*****Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description
Closing Date: July 3, 2018
Other Job Information:
• TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in
• TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
• TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory preemployment
drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the
duration of employment.
• TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the affiliate subcontracts.
Posted on Web: June 25, 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please visit the TRAX Test Services website, www.traxintl.com, and submit your online application.