At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Electronics Engineer / Lab Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA. The selected candidate will oversee lab maintenance and organization, ensure maximum uptime for the lab infrastructure, build datacenter components, and perform testing.
- Maintain physical well-being of lab, plan any expansions, and request additional tools or equipment as needed.
- Work with leads and responsible engineers to meet product requirements, renew hardware support and OS licenses.
- Virtualize the infrastructure where possible.
- Work with Lab Technician on assembling hardware components.
- Diagnose repairs to equipment as needed.
- Work with team members to meet tight deadlines.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of relevant engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in STEM discipline and 3 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experience with hardware setup and lab maintenance.
- An active or interim in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain program access clearance.
- Master's degree in a STEM discipline.
- Experience with Windows Server configuration.
- Knowledge of Unix, Solaris and VMWare.
- Familiarity with Jira or other issue tracking system
- Good communication and interpersonal skills used to interface with hardware vendors on critical deadlines.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.