Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for** IMPORTANT**additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Electronics Engineer performing scientific and technical intelligence production of foreign radar systems. Incumbent performs the developmental duties and responsibilities in the assigned area of work. This is a developmental position with training and guidance for career progression to target grade GG-12.
Learn more about this agency
* Responsible for the engineering analysis of all-source intelligence data on foreign airborne radar systems into comprehensive system threat assessment covering characteristics, capabilities, limitations, effectiveness and vulnerabilities.
* Conducts research and analyses to expedite critical intelligence reporting. Assembles technical information, processes, performs analysis, and reports findings.
* Reviews, evaluates, and performs interpretation of newly acquired intelligence reports, documents, etc, to extract relevant data. Calculates technical parameters of foreign airborne radar systems.
* Initiates collection requirements to fill intelligence gaps. Evaluates results of collection efforts to determine if requirements were satisfied.
* Handles a variety of classified information and requires special access to perform various duties. In addition, is responsible for processing and managing classified material.
* Develops responses to ?ad-hoc? requests from customer. Develops response to questions that can be of varying levels of complexity using existing data when available.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0855 Electronics Engineering
#### Similar jobs
* Electrical And Electronics Engineers
### Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
* Must Obtain/Maintain Top Secret Security Clearance ?Failure to comply with any special requirements when required will subject the incumbent of the position to reassignment or adverse disciplinary actions including demotion or removal.
* PCS expenses are -NOT- authorized
* Recruitment incentives may be authorized
* This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
* Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
* This is a pre-employment and random drug testing position
* Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
* Disclosure of Political Appointments
* Requires availability for TDY, both within the CONUS and overseas as necessary in executing the position responsibilities.
* This is not a centrally managed position
* Requires flexibility in spending extended time on-the-job on an unexpected basis after normal duty hours, weekends, and holidays.
* Required to be available for recall consistent with the nature of emergency situations should they arise.
* May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft in the performance of temporary duty.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Applicants must possess quality level experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Quality experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of creditable experience include: Practical knowledge of a wide range of technical methods, principles, and practices in the radar field and the ability to apply this knowledge is beneficial; and Experience in conducting performance assessments using computer based modeling and simulation tools, and analysis of radar and radar related data; and Knowledge and understanding of the operations and procedures peculiar to the collection production, and dissemination of the office's intelligence information/products; and Requires working understanding of various airborne radar systems and key analysis parameters. NOTE: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
**IN ADDITION TO THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE ABOVE, THE EMPLOYEE MUST MEET THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS BELOW:**
1. Successfully completed a professional engineering degree. The curriculum must be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum or include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. **NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.**
2. A combination of experience and education that is college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following: (1) current registration as a professional engineer by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico, (2) evidence of having successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination, or the written test required for professional registration, which is administered by the Boards of Engineering Examiners in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico, (3) successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included courses specified in the basic requirements or (4) successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.
NOTE: This position has a positive education requirement. If transcripts are not provided, your resume MUST list the appropriate academic field (e.g. biology, mechanical engineering, economics, sociology, etc.) and all courses you have taken (including those failed), which appear to satisfy the qualification requirements of the position for which you are applying. List graduate and
undergraduate courses separately. Include the descriptive title and course code, completion date, grade, number of semester, quarter or classroom hours (for education completed at business, secretarial, technical school or military schools) and graduate and undergraduate classes. **As of 1 Sep 2017, current employees must provide their transcripts. Failure to provide transcripts will result in not being referred for the position.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs**): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Practical knowledge of a wide range of technical methods, principles, and practices in the radar field and the ability to apply this knowledge is beneficial.
2. Experience in conducting performance assessments using computer based modeling and simulation tools, and analysis of radar and radar related data.
3. Knowledge and understanding of the operations and procedures peculiar to the collection production, and dissemination of the office's intelligence information/products.
4. Requires working understanding of various airborne radar systems and key analysis parameters.
5. Ability to carry out assigned projects from inception through completion.
6. Ability to provide clear and concise oral or written technical assessments.
7. Ability to read, speak, and write Chinese or Russian is highly desirable.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE**: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE**: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
**ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?** You **MUST**provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
**FOREIGN EDUCATION**: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
### Additional information
**Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):** Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**90-Day Register:** This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.**
Selectees who physically reside permanently in the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during the entire recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) and selected for employment in the foreign area are eligible to receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, Post Allowance, Home Leave, etc. (subject to approval)
Selectees who physically reside outside the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during any step of the recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) will have foreign area benefits eligibility be determined on a case by case basis.
**Tax Law Impact for PCS:** On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance and Relocation Income Tax Allowance to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on these allowances and eligibilities, visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%201805%20Relocation%20Allowances0.pdf
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire
2. Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
3. Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
4. Registration/License - active, current registration/license **if applicable** for the position
5. Veterans' Preference - If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference or 30% Disabled Veterans Preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 03/15/2019
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10439690
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online**button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application**button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
* It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10439690
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources** WILL NOT**modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Total Force Service Center
550 C Street W
JBSA Randolph, TX 78150
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526118200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 03/02/2019 to 03/15/2019
*Pay scale & grade:* GG 9 - 12
*Salary:* $51,800 to $97,653 per year
*Appointment type:* Permanent - Excepted Service Permanent Appointment
*Work schedule:* Full-Time