GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Provides technical and sustaining engineering support in an electronics manufacturing area. Recommends and implements equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products. Develops and conducts statistical analysis such as Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) targeting physical cause of failure for yield loss and improving quality. Interacts with product design and development personnel to ensure that processes and designs are compatible. For someone to be successful in this role they must have a strong electronics background.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes
Other Job Functions
- Training manufacturing personnel in new and existing methods
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Type or Copy/Paste Job Description here
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS degree in a technical field, electrical, manufacturing or industrial disciplines.
At least three (3) years of experience in electronics manufacturing required
Knowledge of shop equipment
DoD experience preferred
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Some travel requiredType or Copy/Paste Requirements here