PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technician will perform a variety of complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication, and assembly of electronic and electro-mechanical systems as well as experimental design circuitry, prototype models, and/or specialized test equipment. Duties and responsibilities to include:
* Assist engineering staff members in design, fabrication, integration and testing of electronic circuits and mechanical packaging including the development of electrical and mechanical prototypes
* Perform on-site installation, troubleshooting, and testing of company products and equipment. Provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment
* Develop test procedures, test plans, test reports, and procedures to maintain lab facilities and calibrate test equipment; May conduct engineering tests and detailed experimental testing
* Establish procedures for the maintenance of laboratory facilities and equipment including cable diagrams, equipment schematics, and configurations to support various system arrangements. May train laboratory personnel to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Familiarity with RF test equipment (such as Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Network Analyzers, etc), familiarity with surface mount soldering skills
* Provide test support for the setup, operation, and teardown of military vehicles and threat simulator equipment integrated with military/vehicles. This test support will occur both in the Huntsville location and at remote test locations such as White Sands Missile Range, and other test and training ranges throughout the United States
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Performance of detailed design tasks requiring the application of CAD equipment; designs projects such as simulation, printed circuit boards, and electronic and electrical assemblies requiring development of schematics
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make www.scires.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Must presently have or be eligible for a government security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled