The Electronics Technician is responsible for evaluating, installing, repairing and maintaining electrical systems, wiring equipment and fixture at the component and applications level. The Electronics Technician will conduct analysis of end of life components by conducting research and applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Six (6) years of experience in non routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity, using operational precedents that are not fully applicable, such assignments that are typically parts of broader assignments, are screened to eliminate unusual design problems.
- Familiarity with interrelationships of circuits.
- Applying advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents. Examples of such problems include determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering; changes.
- Work typically requires an understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
- Ability to evaluate and test equipment using measuring and diagnostic devices to adjust, test and repair equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and test assemblies down to the component level.
- Ability to develop and document test process for equipment.
- Judgment in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments and is reviewed for compliance with accepted DoD practices.
- Skilled experience with fabrication and terminations, low voltage wiring and the ability to wire boards and/or assemblies in a fabrication environment.
- Experience with Lenel Boards, Allen Bradley PLCs and control modules.
- Ability to read, interpret and fabricate according to provided Installation Design Plans.
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Excellent communication skills when providing recommendations across different levels of engineering, management and the customer.
- Position will require direct communication when making recommendations to the customer that will have impact on cost, scheduling, and performance of the program.
- Independent work with direct customer interaction. Person will at times be the face of Alutiiq Information Management, LLC.