Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Electronics Technician builds and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as electric, motor, pneumatic, conveyor systems, vision systems, production equipment and plant support machines. This position uses the knowledge of RS Logix 500, 5000, computer networking, HMI and robotics to perform the following responsibilities:
- Bread boarding and testing of electronics.
- Surface Mount Connector soldering
- Read and understand electronic blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
- PLC/HMI Panel building
- Testing and Calibration of equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical panels and components.
- Use tools such as Oscilloscopes, Digital Voltmeters, Signal Generators, and Signal Analyzers.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special function and structural parts in devices.
- Programming of Allen Bradley PLCs, HMI’s, Vision Systems and networking.
- Performs work in a safe manner, and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent education from a two-year College, Technical school, or Military experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate soldering skills for Surface Mounted Devices and Connector’s
- Knowledge of Bread boarding
- One year (or more) of related experience in Electrical, Mechanical Field, or Machine Tool field.
- Ability to read and interpret verbal and written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively to Associates and contractors.
- Ability to perform mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Successful problem solving skills involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program