Elementary School Teaching/Kindergarten
Carrollton Elementary School
2020-21 School Year
Carrollton Public Schools-website
Elementary Education Teacher - Kindergarten
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION: A caring, certified elementary school teacher, with knowledge of, and experience in teaching a standards aligned curriculum, using the holistic approach to learning. The teacher shall understand and be able to apply principles of cooperative learning, multi-tiered systems of support and developmentally appropriate practices.
REPORTS TO: Sarah Coates - Principal
COMPENSATION: As described in the salary schedule of the Carrollton Public Schools Teacher’s Contract
- Must have a valid K-5 teaching certificate for the state of Michigan. An Early childhood endorsement is preferred.
- Must have in depth understanding of elementary school students.
- Must have an understanding of the Michigan State Academic Standards and facilitate learning through the standards.
- Must be certified by the State of Michigan as an elementary teacher.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, collaborate, think critically, and be flexible.
- Experience working with at risk students and their parents preferred.
- Must receive a satisfactory response to P.A. 189 Letter. (Misconduct Law)
- Must satisfactorily pass:
- Law enforcement background check with fingerprinting
- Personal and professional reference background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work cooperatively with teachers, students and administration.
- Ability to develop and implement a strong curriculum to elementary school aged children using the state mandated standards.
- Shall have a strong understanding of child development and know how to adapt lessons to meet individual student instructional needs.
- Ability to keep all student and parent information confidential.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in working with students, parents, other staff members, and community members who visit Carrollton Public Schools facilities or programs.
- Ability and willingness to lead activity programs for children.
- Must be able to lift and assist students when necessary.
- Must be self- directed and self-motivated.
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask.
- High level of proficiency in Google Educational tools.
- Must be proficient in using the Internet for research.
- Shall be of good character with high moral and ethical values.
- To ensure a safe environment for students at all times.
- To meet and greet visitors in a positive, helpful manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the building principal/coordinator.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, and the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the policy of the Carrollton Public School District that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, disability, height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. For information, inquiries, or to file a complaint, contact the Superintendent of Carrollton Public Schools at PO Box 517, Carrollton, MI 48724. (989) 754-1475
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER