Qualifications: Requires a valid Missouri teaching certificate in Library Media Specialist
Position Summary: Plans and establishes the library media program, goals, and outcomes in accordance with building curriculum and district and state guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises the overall operation of the elementary school library media center.
- Implements the library media curriculum.
- Coordinates library media center program to support educational goals of the school and district.
- Manages the library collection.
- Collaborates with colleagues on lessons and assessments that incorporate multiple literacies and fosters critical thinking.
- Helps patrons find resources to meet informational needs.
- Communicates with patrons using a variety of methods to inform of materials, equipment and services that meet informational needs.
- Takes a leadership role in promoting and demonstrating the use of new technologies and media with patrons.
- Supports colleagues and students with using and integrating a range of technologies and/or materials available through the media center.
- Creates and maintains a creative and dynamic space for learning.
- Plans and directs special projects involving literacy and library promotion.
- Prepares, justifies and administers library media center budget to support specific program goals.
- Commits to remaining current in professional practices and developments, education research and information technologies.