This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to start a career in teaching!
Challenger School is now interviewing for an Elementary Teacher in Training. Teaching credentials are helpful, but NOT required. Position is available to start now, or in the late spring.
One of our goals at Challenger School is to provide continuity to our students. We achieve this through our extensive teacher training program. We do not employ substitute teachers. Rather, we employ teachers in training who cover salaried teacher absences during the school year, while also training to take a classroom of their own when the opportunity arises. A successful candidate who satisfactorily completes the training will be placed in a kindergarten through 5th grade classroom, depending on qualifications.
This opportunity can be the first step in a fulfilling teaching career. In most cases, qualified employees in the Challenger School Teacher In Training Program are always offered salaried teaching positions that come available first before hiring outside the company.
At Challenger, teachers not only educate students but assist students to become self-reliant and productive individuals who value independence and individuality; finding joy and self-worth through achievement.
Teachers In Training are responsible for:
- Learning and properly delivering Challenger’s curriculum and methodology to include conceptual homework, daily and weekly lesson plans that support objectives and assessments, and daily board work that effectively reviews previously learned material
- The safety and well-being of Challenger students
- Effective classroom behavior management in accordance with Challenger philosophy
Teachers In Training are required to:
- Have or be close to completing any 4-year college bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Pass a background check
- Have a friendly and confident demeanor and to work patiently with students, parents, and co-workers
- Possess a strong work ethic and a desire to support Challenger curriculum and methods
- Attend all training opportunities and marketing events to learn and assist as directed
- Have excellent attendance to maintain continuity of the classroom during the school year
- Understand and embrace the values of the original United States Constitution
This is a full-time position. Benefits include significant Challenger student tuition discounts for children or grandchildren, health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and paid time off.
**Please be on the lookout for an email from email@example.com. This email confirms your application submission and provides you with a link to our pre-employment assessment. This assessment must be completed within 72 hours in order for your application to be considered complete.**