Elementary School Teaching
Implement district goals in a classroom environment that promotes learning and social and emotional development. Establish effective rapport with pupils. Establish good relationships with parents, the principal and other staff members. Support students with mastery of grade level Essential Outcomes.
- create lesson plans designed to support mastery of grade level Essential Outcomes
- deliver high quality instruction using best practices
- collect, analyze and evaluate student proficiency based on assessment data (state, district and classroom)
- Develop a classroom community
- Teach, implement and sustain a positive behavior system
- Encourage positive peer relationships and individual development of social skills.
- Establish effective management procedures for use of materials and supplies.
- Maintain student permanent records
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Notify appropriate person of concerns about room or equipment.
- Use support services appropriately and effectively.
- Maintain professionalism
- Be a contributing member of the school community (i.e. collaboration with staff, students, community and administration).
- Participate in school-community functions.
- Encourage parent support of and involvement in school programs.
- Participate cooperatively with the appropriate administrator in the teacher evaluation procedure.
- Communicate with parents continuously to discuss students' progress (i.e. report cards, conferences, graded work, tests, homework, newsletters)
- Collaborate with support staff to ensure appropriate support for students
- Participate in staff development, faculty meetings, committees, and other school activities.
- Adheres to policies, rules and regulations
- Be accurate in completing school records and reports.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
- Administer tests in accordance with district testing programs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by building or district administration
Salary:20-21 Teacher Salary Schedule