- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Thomas Jefferson Elementary School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- Elementary Teacher / Thomas Jefferson (1.0 FTE)
Must possess Illinois Educator License
(***This position will be Title funded***)
RIEA Teacher Salary Scale
Excellent Benefit Package
Rock Island-Milan School District 41
Elementary School Teacher – K-6
POSITION TITLE Elementary School Teacher-K-6 DEPARTMENT Teaching & Learning (Certified Staff) LOCATION Rock Island FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time APPOINTMENT TERM 9-Months FLSA: EXEMPT or NON-EXEMPT Exempt REPORTS TO: TITLE of POSITION SUPERVISOR Building Principal OTHER INFORMATION Rock Island-Illinois Education Association (RI-IEA) Bargaining Agent/Agreement
POSITION SUMMARY INFORMATION: Essential Duties and Requirement Details
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Under the supervision of the school principal, responsible for the instruction, progress and discipline of all pupils in assigned classes and performs related duties as required. Responsible for instructional planning, including, but not limited to providing written lesson plans and preparation in accordance with the objectives of the instructional program in accordance with the RIMSD41 guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Effect the courses of study and maintain adequate standards of achievement in their classes.
- Observe their pupils for physical defects and evidence of communicable diseases. Any evidence shall be reported immediately to the principal.
- Practice such discipline as a responsible parent would exercise. Acts of restraint to prevent injury to teachers or pupils shall NOT be considered corporal punishment.
- Be responsible for non-classroom supervision of pupils. This responsibility includes the supervision of:
- Student conduct in any area of the school building during regular school hours.
- Students during assembly or similar large groups of students during the regular school day, excluding the teacher’s regularly scheduled preparation period.
- Make recommendations for retention/promotion in accordance with Board Policy.
- Leave complete lesson plans for the following day in their classroom before leaving school each day. All teachers shall provide their principal lesson plans for a week in advance when requested.
- Prepare and keep up-to-date seating charts for each class.
- Keep the necessary forms for the economical and expeditious handling and recording of all books, supplies and equipment.
- Notify the administration as early as possible, following established procedures, when unable to conduct classes.
- Be willing to accept extra assignments before and after school, and to cooperate with all school personnel in advancing the education of the children in this School District.
- Make all regular reports requested by administrative officials.
- Follows all expectations required of teachers according on the RIEA Contract Agreement and RIMSD Board Policies
Successful completion of all student teaching requirements as well as all course work required to obtain the appropriate teaching certificate(s) issued by the State of Illinois Board of Education.
Teachers must possess at least one of the following valid teaching license issued by the Illinois State Board of Education: Professional Educator License (PEL), Educator License with Stipulations (ELS) or a Substitute License.
Same as aboveRequired Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
Knowledge of subject matter consistent with state certification requirements, knowledge of contemporary principles and practices of teaching, knowledge of classroom and behavior management techniques.
Same as above
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sitting & standing most of the day. Lifting no more than 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May travel from school -to-school location.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Supervisor/Manager Signature Date___________________________________________ ________________________