ReGeneration Schools is a non-profit charter management organization that manage outstanding urban schools that close the opportunity gap through a college prep and character mission. ReGeneration serves over 1,600 students in Chicago, IL, and launched the Bond Hill campus in Cincinnati, Ohio last school year! The students and families in Cincinnati deserve great school options and we are grateful for the opportunity to help fulfill that promise.
We are looking for Elementary Teachers (K-2) for the Bond Hill campus in Cincinnati, Ohio. Founding teachers will have the opportunity to build a school from the ground up and help create a lasting institution in Cincinnati. The primary responsibility of our Elementary Teachers are the implementation and development of ReGenerations’ curriculum and the success of their students. We seek teachers who have superior content knowledge, a track record of providing excellent learning experiences that deepens students’ understanding of multiple literacy concepts, and are committed to continuously improving their practice through collaboration. Elementary Teacher positions:
- 2nd Grade Lead
- 2nd Grade Co
- Believes low-income students can become college and career ready.
- High expectations on personal and team performance.
- Flexible to changing priorities and conditions.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- Organized and ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate mastery of academic subjects and behavioral interventions.
- 1-5 years of teaching experience in an urban setting.
- Valid Ohio State License required.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution required (submit a copy of unofficial transcript with application).
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
- Design, implement, and use informal and formal assessments to measure progress of students.
- Use data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Work collaboratively with school team to determine instructional and social needs of students that ensures success, and promotes students’ well-being.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Collaborate with fellow teachers to create a friendly and safe environment demonstrating shared responsibility for achievement.
- Adhere to and support all school policies to enforce school core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct.
- Set and attain ambitious student achievement and social-emotional benchmarks.
- Model and encourage appropriate student behavior (i.e. grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism and curiosity).
- Work with school team to constantly evaluate and improve mastery of instructional, culture building, and leadership skills.
- Maintain a classroom that demonstrates discipline, order and rigor.
- Ensure that all students graduate ready for the next academic level.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Reflect critically on teaching practice and implement improvement strategies as needed.
- Participate in mandatory summer orientation (3 weeks) and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary (based on education and experience) and generous benefit package.
ReGeneration Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.