Known as California’s leading supplier and installer of wheelchair access and elevators, this family owned and operated company offers 30 years of experience, residential solutions, and commercial solutions to the entire state. Now, we’re searching for an Elevator Mechanic to join our growing team.
What you will do:
- Read blueprints to determine the equipment needed for installations or repairs
- Install or repair elevator doors, cables, motors, and control systems
- Locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, control systems, etc.
- Use test equipment, such as ammeters, voltmeters, and other tools of the trade, to diagnose problems
- Adjust counterweights, door mechanisms, and safety controls
- Test newly installed equipment to ensure it meets specifications
- Comply with safety regulations and building codes
- Communicate effectively and manage time efficiently
Who you are:
- Experience working as an industrial maintenance mechanic, electrician, or elevator mechanic
- Knowledgeable about electronics
- Willing to travel within the state of California, occasionally overnight
- Own a truck and a basic set of hand tools
How you can stand out:
- Certified Elevator Technician degree or Elevator Mechanic License
- Industrial/Electrical/Mechanical technical diploma
- Vocational/technical training
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to climb, crawl, stoop, climb ladders, and walk beams. Must be able to lift and carry tools and materials weighing in excess of 50 pounds and be able to raise and carry with assistance items weighing 200 pounds. Must be able to work from high ladders and scaffolding. Must be able to work safely in close proximity to moving and working equipment.
- Work Environment: May work in dusty and dirty places such as elevator shafts, and pits or other mechanical spaces where temperatures may exceed 100 and equipment may be oily and greasy.
We’re actively interviewing candidates. If you’re a fit for this Elevator Mechanic role, please apply today!