Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair on various types of mechanical equipment and facilities.
- Performs maintenance and repair of ground support equipment and facilities.
- Executes complex maintenance assignments involving but not limited to automotive, electrical, systems and other related trade skill sets.
- Trains, mentors and guides Jr. GSE Mechanics.
- May have input on the hiring and promotion of others in the mechanic employee group.
- Reads and interprets repair manuals, basic electrical and hydraulic schematics and supervisor/manager’s instructions.
- Works in tight and/or high spaces utilizing appropriate PPE and fall protection equipment.
- Follows and complies with all company and federally established policies and procedures
- Utilizes a computer to perform a variety of communications, training and administrative processes.
- Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures.
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 2 years experience as heavy, medium or light duty mechanic.
- Ability to read and understand basic electrical/hydraulic schematics.
- Must have own set of hand tools common to the trade.
- Depending on the location, may be required to travel.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of general workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Previous work experience in an Airport environment.
- Strong hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting experience.
- State and/or ASE certification in automotive and diesel repair or associated field.
- 3+ years experience as a heavy, medium or light duty mechanic.
- 1 year experience working in a CMMS.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to equipment repair.
ELS STATEMENT:Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.