We’ve done our own thing since our very first pair of jeans. Born in the heart of Downtown LA, Lucky Brand is one of the original denim pioneers, known for its cool yet comfortable denim with a nod to irreverence. We are part of the real LA—the country’s most diverse, surprising, and endlessly morphing city. Our brand is a love letter to the people, freedom, sunshine, smog—and most of all, the effortless cool that defines the city we call home.
We design jeans that remind you of epic times and give you confidence; jeans that make you look good, feel good, and do good. The choice to wear denim is a choice against the mainstream, it is a choice to be different, it is a choice to be yourself.
We believe in being a good neighbor and helping our community. We believe that cities should work for everyone and we are willing to work for it. We believe that places like DTLA should be accessible, humane, and vibrant. Our company is committed to bringing about positive development within our community.
The Email Marketing Manager will support the Senior Manager, Customer Retention in defining, owning and delivering the comprehensive email strategy for Lucky Brand’s omni channel (eCommerce, Specialty and Outlet) customers in North America.
This role will own the day to day email marketing channel initiatives and will design and manage a program designed to foster customer loyalty, increase retention, deliver on sales growth objectives, and increase customer lifetime value. A key focus of this role will be advancing our personalization efforts and building out highly personalized campaigns leveraging advanced CRM software and partnerships.
• Set-up and deploy email campaigns inclusive of marketing, lifecycle and transactional email programs. QA and approve all email campaigns to ensure creative content, links, and copy are all correct
• Design and maintain email performance reporting
• Provide clear direction and relevant communication to senior leaders and stakeholders regarding email marketing channel performance and communicate actionable insights on opportunities and next steps
• Partner with the Senior Manager, Customer Retention to develop and execute a comprehensive email marketing program with a focus on personalization to achieve channel sales targets through tactics to drive new customer acquisition, customer retention and conversion
• Create and optimize segmentation and personalization strategies in partnership with Senior Manager, Customer Retention and Segmentation & Customer Analyst. Continuously work to optimize campaigns and identify opportunities for automation
• Support development and delivery of a comprehensive email and content marketing calendar aligned with key brand moments, product launches, and core support to leverage across all digital channels in partnership with marketing partners for cross-channel alignment
• Partner with the Senior Manager, Customer Retention to develop a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize email marketing programs including identifying opportunities to A/B test campaigns, with the goal of driving increased repeat purchase behavior and successful onboarding and conversion of new prospects/customers
• Develop and monitor new initiatives to drive e-mail list growth to support retention. Partner with marketing team on developing new programs to drive healthy list growth.
• Partner with the Creative team to manage and oversee all aspects of the email development process (e.g., briefing Design and Copy teams, creative review, routing, and deployment). Provide insights and industry best practices to improve program performance and develop a best-in-class program that delivers results.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related subject required
• 3-5 years of related experience in Email Marketing
• Passionate about eCommerce and digital marketing with an interest in apparel and retail
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Experience working with ESP platforms. Knowledge of Cordial, Bluecore and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
• Some knowledge of HTML and CSS for email development
• Experience creating and maintaining automated workflows
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret extensive data to make actionable recommendations to the business
• Proficient in Excel and data visualization tools (Tableau, BI Tools, etc.). Knowledge of web tools including pixels, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, etc.
• Strong project management skills, highly organized and demonstrated ability to execute projects on or under budget and on time or early
• Must be able to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Experience working with partners at multiple levels within an organization (Operations, Marketing, Finance, Creative, etc.).
• Familiarity with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) a plus
• Exceptional leader and action-oriented self-starter who can set strategy and drive execution with a “roll up the sleeves” approach
• Ability to thrive in an environment with evolving processes and a high degree of ambiguity
• High emotional intelligence and self-awareness, which encourages positive energy and passion throughout the organization
• Passionate about the brand with a deep appreciation for the product and understanding of the customer’s experience
• Ability to quickly establish strong credibility with employees, business partners and external resources
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Lucky Brand is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.