Position Purpose:The role of the Embedded Care Coordinator is to assist individuals, families, and internal teams who are experiencing difficulty adjusting to illness, disability or post-acute care. The objective of the Embedded Care Coordinator is to enable the individual and/or family to develop adequate coping skills and educate them on available resources within Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) and the community.
Essential Duties and Primary Accountabilities: Listing of the major functions of the role including percentage of time allocated to each function.
Should include all duties required to complete the job.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience:
Physical and Mental Demands
These physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via telephone and email.
- Able to accurately receive information through oral communication.
- Able to accurately review data and figures both in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Utilize a computer (including but not limited to a mouse and keyboard) and telephone intermittently throughout entire shift, for periods of up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Able to accurately sort through data and think through issues in a time-pressured environment.
- Able to focus on a specific event or activity for up to four (4) hours at a time without interruption.
- Able to maintain a calm and collected presence while addressing the concerns from an internal and external customer
- Able to accurately learn and retain new information, knowledge and skills.
- Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, with varying degrees of priority, at the same time.