Embedded Firmware, Board Level Validation Engineer for Global Consumer Device company in Santa Clara, CA (near Airport)
Architect firmware to support various algorithms embedded in hardware platforms
Support full firmware lifecycle including design, development, debugging and ongoing sustaining
Generate and evaluate functional and design specifications
Work with multi-functional teams to determine software architecture and specification to meet the product requirement and user experience
Work with project leaders to define assignments, schedules, quality expectations, and other project criteria
Present results and recommendations
Develop and maintain various engineering tools used to debug, analyze, and test embedded products
Be the champion for the success of firmware development projects and take initiatives to ensure success
Must have skillsets:
- Requires at least 5+ years of experience.
- Excellent programming skills in C.
- Strong experience in RTOS, software development and verification methodology, version control and automation tools.
- Experience in low-pin-count communication buses (I2C or UART or SPI)
- Experience with troubleshooting tools (JTAG, SWD, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers)
- Experience with memory and power constrained micro-controllers and working with new peripherals, features, and development environments.
- Scripting experience with any of the following Python or Perl or Lua
- Knowledge of ARM architecture is a plus
Location: Santa Clara, CA (near Airport)
Duration: 6-12 months