We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team in Buffalo, New York; an organization focused on the development and production of state-of-the-art Simulation Systems solutions. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Software Engineering department; working in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with other developers, other engineering disciplines, and our customers.
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to, and integrated with, engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
- Apply the appropriate Software Engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as laboratory simulation systems, and display systems
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel
- Travel to customer site for installation of our software applications upon completion (dependent on program phase)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree plus 2 years of professional Software Development work experience; or a Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree plus 0 years of work experience.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with C/C++
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance
- Experience with Qt
- Experience with Wireshark
- Experience with RedHat Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with RedHawk Operating Systems
- Experience with Lab Window / Lab View
- Experience developing software in JAVA and ADA programming languages.
- Experience developing software for real-time data capture and streaming.
- Experience with National Instruments VISA
- Experience with hardware test equipment such as O-Scopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and power meters
- Experience working on Department of Defense (DOD) software development efforts
- Experience in the field of Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch
- Experience with developing software for Electronic Warfare systems. Specifically, experience with the NG Amherst CEESIM and NEWEG products is highly desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.