|Job Id|| E1975882|
|Job Title||Embedded Software Engineer – Core Platform Software team|
|Company||Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.|
|Job Area||Engineering - Software |
|Location||California - San Diego |
|Job Overview||Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in. The Core Platform Software team in QCT (Qualcomm CDMA Technologies) division is looking for talented software engineers to drive our existing and future mobile chipset technology to success. The successful candidate will be immersed in a highly interactive and dynamic environment, interacting with cross-functional teams to capture product and SW architecture requirements, develop embedded SW and debug scripts/tools, triage system-level issues, and propose solutions while working on the latest cutting-edge technology. Responsibilities:|
- Design and develop embedded software. This includes device driver SW, debug tools and scripts.
- Interact closely with cross-functional software teams to verify and debug software stability issues and features
- Engage in various optimization activities performance, power, and memory optimizations
- Participate in silicon-on dock bring-up activities in the lab
- Collaborate with HW and Systems Engineering team to ensure the Core Platform SW meets the power and performance KPIs
- Collaborate with program management and product image leads in developing software product roadmap and delivery plan to reduce time to market
- Perform image and system-level sanity test.
|All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.|
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- 2 years industry experience in embedded software development and/or integration.
- Previous experience in embedded software development and device drivers
- Experience in developing software in C, C++, and assembly
- Experience in integration, software source control, and testing
- Working knowledge of real-time operating systems
- Experience with build systems (e.g., SCons)
- Knowledge in scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, etc.)
- Excellent critical thinker with sharp debugging skills
- Experience in pre-silicon bring-up on simulation/emulation platforms is preferred
- Working knowledge in using JTAG, logic analyzers and Oscilloscopes for on-chip debugging
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.