Embedded Software Engineer (Junior to Senior) for Drone Delivery Start-up in San Mateo Area, CA
We are looking for different levels of embedded software engineers (junior to senior) to own large projects running on embedded avionics.
You must be someone who is both excellent at designing efficient, robust systems and also experienced in implementing these systems.
You should be excited about challenging the limits of what has been done before, and motivated to raise the bar for the reliability and safety of drones.
- Chart a communication pipeline for streaming GPS correction data from a ground base station to the vehicle over two data paths: cellular and line-of-sight radio
- Identify design flaws and weaknesses in current avionics design and contribute to the design of next-gen autopilot to gain true single-fault tolerance on all systems
- Design and implement a scheme to detect misbehaving PPS (pulse-per-second) from primary GPS and have all distributed nodes in the system failover to the backup
- Build flight logging drivers for high throughput, high reliability, and tolerant to sudden power loss
- Build robust drivers for off-the-shelf sensors (GPS, IMU, air data sensors) that detect and report failures
- Design and implement a Wi-Fi-based bootloading system for a multiprocessor distributed architecture
- Write highly reliable and elegant code that can be instrumented, debugged, and unit-tested
Must Have Skillsets
- Deep knowledge of embedded programming
- Strong programming experience in C
- Experience designing highly reliable systems
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, peripherals, and hardware subsystems
- Solid bootstrapping skills
- Experience with ARM or any processors
- Understand the specifics and tradeoffs of data buses including CAN and RS485 is desired
- Prior experience on critical systems – consumer devices, medical devices, automotive, aerospace, safety-critical applications, etc.
- Experience with GPS and wireless communications protocols
Location: San Mateo Area, CA
Type: Fulltime (relocation assistance is available) some offsite work is available.