Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
About this Position
The Embedded Software Engineer is located in our Troy, MI offices. This role will be responsible for an ADAS project execution. The job involves Software Development, Verification and Validation following Automotive SPICE compliant processes on high performance and safety microcontrollers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for Design, Development of SW using Embedded C on 16/32 bit micro controllers
- Responsible for Static Analysis, Unit Testing and Integration Testing of the SW on HW platform
- Responsible to understand AutoSar architecture and be able develop SW for AutoSar platform
- Support Peer Review of work products like Design Documents, Code, Test Cases/results etc.
- Coordinating with cross regional teams as needed to achieve project objectives
- ASPICE and FS Process compliance
Need to Haves (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering
- 2+ years of hands on experience in embedded C programming
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience in the Automotive Industry within Autonomous Driving Active Safety (ADAS)
- Experience in Low level driver - SPI, I2C, Ethernet drivers
- Experience in developing SW on Renesas/Infineon/Freescale 16/32 bit micro controllers
- Experience with vehicle protocols - CAN, LIN, Flex Ray, Ethernet
- Familiarity with Automotive SPICE, Agile development method
- Functional Safety and Cybersecurity experience a plus
Traits We're Seeking
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety and User Experience encompasses our deep expertise in software, centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving focusing on five areas that are transforming mobility: Safety Electronics, Infotainment, User Experience, Autonomous Driving and Connectivity & Security.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?