Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world’s leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
Synapse’s interns assist engineers in designing cool, innovative products for the consumer and industrial spaces, providing support to a multidisciplinary team of software, electrical, mechanical, quality assurance, and new product introduction engineers. Whether assisting with a schematic design, helping with CAD and mechanical drawings, or contributing to the development of embedded firmware and software code bases, Synapse interns bring an attitude of fun, flexibility, and fearlessness to an ever-changing array of exciting design challenges.
Synapse interns participate in lively collaboration, so they are equally comfortable communicating as they are contemplating. They demonstrate the willingness to jump from task to task or even from project to project, sometimes on a daily basis. Synapse interns are always learning—and can even be the ones to teach from time to time: the opportunity to be a listener and a leader exists for Synapsters at every level. Synapse interns are not only willing to understand Synapse’s organizational environment but also demonstrates a curiosity about the clients’ operations and goals as well. They approach each challenge with the eagerness to learn, sense of humor, friendly attitude, and mutual respect that make working at Synapse as enjoyable as it is rewarding.
About Synapse’s San Francisco Office
Synapse’s San Francisco site, which will accommodate the office’s planned growth in the years ahead, offers proximity to transit as well as the amenities of the SoMa neighborhood. Here, the growing group of about thirty Synapsters balances focus with fun. Wednesday Lunch provides a catered meal to the entire office, as well as a time for employees to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges. Thursday Active is the office’s opportunity to lift their noses from the grindstone and take part in a range of activities—from bike trips and runs, to museum visits and sporting events, to barbecues and poker tournaments.
The application deadline for this internship is December 1, 2019. Summer internships start in early May and are six months in duration.
- Assist a team of exceptional Software Engineers
- Demonstrate a great attitude and an insatiable need to learn
- Answer the question “Are you ready to . . . ?” with “Yes!” no matter if that request is to clean the fridges, design a test fixture, or meet and present to a client in forty-five minutes
- Embrace involvement in multi-disciplinary projects and demonstrate an interest in engaging with all Synapsters, regardless of their role, background, or experience
- Identify productive activities and initiate collaborative action on them
- Fluency in C
- Exposure to C++
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with at least one microcontroller and its instruction set, e.g. 8051, TI MSP430, Atmel AVR, ARM Cortex M3, Microchip PIC
- Ability to read, understand, and program to manufacturers’ datasheets
- Exposure to RTOSes
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Availability to intern full time during business hours, Monday to Friday
- No more than one year out from graduation date at start of internship
- Authorization to work in the United States
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE - must apply online
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.