Seeking an EMC Designer for one of our greatest client's in Milwaukee, WI. If you have relevant EMC experience, please send your resume to Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a Senior EMC Engineer, you will be part of a central team focused on Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility (EMI / EMC) requirements, having a direct impact on product quality and reliability. The team partners with the client's system architect, logic design, ASIC development and PCB Design teams globally. Opportunities will exist to educate others, investigate and promote new tools in EMI/EMC as well as grow your own skills.
- US citizenship is preferred; however, sponsorship is available
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 Years of electrical design experience
- Solid understanding of electromagnetic field and transmission line theory
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
A qualified candidate will have the following:
- Hands on experience with simulation tools from (Matlab, SI Wave, Hyperlink, ANSYS Multi-physics and other solvers)
- Experience modeling and simulating high speed I/O, PCB interconnects, connectors and package characteristics.
- Experience with creation and use of S-parameters
- Hands on experience with Mentor Expedition tool for Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Experience with PCB Stack-up Design
- Hands on experience with lab equipment such as high-bandwidth oscilloscopes, TDR and VNA for validation
- Ability to work well in a diverse, cross-functional and global team
- Exposure to designing for and troubleshooting EMI/EMC
- Good spatial reasoning skills
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform analysis on and resolve EMC issues with analytical tools
- Creates the EMC/EMI strategy for assigned projects
- Works with design teams to evaluate design tradeoffs for design optimization considering performance, cost and manufacturability requirements.
- Estimates EMC project requirements and schedule
- Performs pre- and post-route EMC/EMI analysis of product designs.
- Generate and verify EMC design rules for PCB layout.
- Performs design reviews to identify areas at risk for EMC issues
- Validates simulations in the lab and determines if design specifications are met
- Documents simulation and validation results
- Provides advice, consultation and training on proper EMC design for members of the Signal Integrity and Development Engineering departments.
- Troubleshooting support
- Recommends process improvements to increase team capabilities and efficiency.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178