EMC Engineering Associate, Automotive
NTS in Fremont, CA is seeking an EMC Engineering Associate to set- up and perform EMC tests, coordinate the maintenance and calibration of EMC test equipment, and work with clients to meet their needs. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, enjoys solving problems in a fast-paced environment, and working directly with clients to help them solve theirs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct EMC testing services to clients
- Assist with the maintenance and calibration of EMC test equipment
- Work directly with OEM suppliers on specific projects
- Maintain current knowledge of EMC standards and testing procedures
- Participate as a team member to accomplish departmental and corporate objectives
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present and future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar engineering-related field (or equivalent experience). Will consider Associates Degree plus equivalent experience.
- 5+ years direct EMC testing experience
- Experienced with operation of test equipment including spectrum analyzers, test receivers, power meters, etc.
- Experience with Automotive EMC Standards
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface directly with customers
- Computer literate and proficient with MS Office