Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Eurofins MET Laboratories is searching for a Test Engineer in Baltimore, MD to work in our Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Department.
Eurofins MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation's leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. Electromagnetic Compatibility testing analyzes the ability of electronic devices to operate as anticipated when in proximity to other electronic devices or in the presence of electromagnetic disturbances that interfere with their intended operation. Today, manufacturers face a wide set of stringent compliance challenges to ensure that products do not radiate much energy and are not susceptible to outside interference.
- Serve as a customer technical contact for assigned and unassigned projects.
- Create and follow test plans and test procedures.
- Conduct tests in accordance with industry standards, customer test plans and internal test procedures.
- Ensure that test equipment is calibrated or is functionally verified for assigned and unassigned projects.
- Perform quality checks and other equipment custodian activities.
- Interface with and update engineering staff and upper management on status of projects.
- Assist the Department Manager with quoting and training
- Assist the Department Manager with research efforts / capability assessments.
- Create/provide schedules and timely responses to customers.
- Work in other departments and support other MET personnel as needed.
- Maintaining efficient, neat and presentable facilities.
- Follow company policies and customer service standards.
- Support laboratory audits.
- Maintain laboratory cleanness.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by management and for which management believes adequate experience exists, or for which knowledge can be easily obtained in order to perform such duties.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience in performing MIL-461, DO-160, MIL-1399 and MIL-704
- College Degree or 4 year of related experience
- Ability to follow mechanical and electrical setup diagrams/instructions
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and use scissor lifts to mount devices, such as antennas
- Ability to safely use power tools and perform light machining
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Proven success in managing multiple assignments or projects
- Experience in writing profiles in Tile!
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Baltimore, MD are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.