East Bay Innovations- Emergency Cell Phone Responder
About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
About this position:
You would provide one-on-one support for adults with developmental disabilities in Alameda County. Your goal would be to provide respectful, personal, and motivating services that enable our clients to participate in all aspects of their community, and lead meaningful lives centered around independence and empowerment.
This job is a great way to continue gaining experience in the non-profit sector, social work, social services, occupational therapy, mental health, or healthcare. We seek people who want to make a difference in the lives of others and are reliable, dependable, and teachable.
You would be trained on all the support needs of a number of our clients, be available to jump in and work shifts with clients as needed during an on-call shift, and also provide support to staff over the phone. You may need to work to find coverage for a shift and make last minute arrangements for client support.
You would get to spend your day supporting our team with:
- Organizing coverage for open shifts with our clients
- Responding to emergency calls from support staff
- Discussing emergency supports with clientsâ€™ families as needed
- Supporting staff with anything out of the ordinary!
While with clients, you would get to assist them with:
- Accessing community activities, such as volunteering, classes, etc
- Making plans with friends and families
- Emotional support and companionship
- Planning and cooking meals
- Grocery shopping and other errands
- Light cleaning
- Personal/intimate care
- Wheelchair transfers
Work Schedule: You would be on call for a 24 hour period, 9am-9am weekly, shift days negotiable.
Salary: The compensation for this position is a $75 stipend for 24 hours of on-call on weekdays, and a $125 stipend for 24 hours of on-call on weekends. Additionally, youâ€™ll earn $18.98 per hour for all training shifts and shifts worked. Four hours of training shifts paid at $18.98 per hour guaranteed for each on-call shift. That translates to a minimum of $150 day during the week, and a minimum of $200 day on the weekend!
This job might be for you if:
- You believe that all people should be in the driverâ€™s seat of their own life
- You enjoy supporting and helping people, no task is too small!
- You enjoy working with people with many different lifestyles and backgrounds
- You are comfortable responding to unexpected challenges; you are cool under pressure and think quickly on your feet
- You like working independently but communicate with your team and supervisor
- You like to learn new things and can learn quickly; when things change, you can roll with the punches
- You follow through with commitments
- You have your own reliable vehicle, valid driverâ€™s license, and auto insurance, and can respond to emergencies and staff coverage needs in Alameda County within a 1 hour window
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff
- Free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household
- Annual health & wellness fair with free massage, cooking demonstration, wellness seminar, and wellness gift raffles
- Flexible Spending Account so you can use pre-tax dollars to cover your medical expenses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, allowing you to use pre-tax dollars to cover childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits, allowing you to save big on BART and bus with pre-tax dollars loaded onto your clipper card
Investing in Your Future Benefits:
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future
- Free financial coaching from an expert advisor to help answer any financial questions you may have
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
Career Advancement Benefits:
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021, helping you advocate for employment terms that work for you
- Ability to view and apply for supervisory position openings before they are advertised to the general public - we love to promote from within!
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving at 58 cents per mile
- Free legal consultation for any legal concerns you may have outside of work
- Staff appreciation month with a BBQ, a party, daily raffles, and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Subsidized Commuting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off