Overnight veterinarian needed for privately owned, busy 7-hospital group with a 12,000 sq. ft. central hospital providing 24-hour hospitalization and emergency services. These AAHA accredited hospitals are located in the Northern Macomb area of Michigan. Facilities are award winning, receiving two Veterinary Economics awards for architecture and are fully equipped. The technical and veterinary staff is experienced and dedicated with a board certified owner (ABVP) and several internship trained veterinarians.
The opening is for an overnight critical care veterinarian at the central hospital. The primary responsibility would be to provide care for the hospitalized patients with the help of a team of dedicated technicians. Additional duties could include emergency surgeries as per the doctor's abilities and comfort level. Outpatient emergency responsibilities are not required!
Position requires 40 hours per week and offers very flexible scheduling with an exceptional salary. Additionally, there is an outstanding benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, CE allowance, 401K with an employer match, paid vacation, uniform allowance, paid licenses (professional, controlled substance and DEA), AVMA membership, VIN membership, and professional liability insurance. We have an amazing support staff of licensed technicians who are fully utilized so you can focus on the "doctor stuff". We have lots of toys- digital X-ray, ultrasound, digital dental xray, endoscope, oxygen cages, full in-house bloodwork, soft tissue surgery suite, and orthopedic surgery suite. A 3D Imaging System with fluoroscopy capabilities from Epica Medical will be installed later this year or early next year. We even have a full rehab department complete with underwater treadmill. Our most important asset is our amazing and dedicated staff.
The central office is located in a quaint small town with a mixture of clientele- from rural farms to affluent subdivisions. Excellent school district, and just a short drive to the local ski areas, lakes and shopping. Downtown Detroit is about 45 minutes away for sporting events, theaters, dining and shows.
Come see what we have to offer!
Experienced or internship-trained veterinarian is preferred, but new grads will be considered as extensive mentoring is available.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is negotiable but is above average for the industry in the area, which means no production pressure! Signing bonus up to $5,000.
Take advantage of a wide range of experience and flexibility with a position at Wilson Veterinary Hospital!
At Wilson Veterinary Hospital and our satellite locations, we pride ourselves on offering our clients a variety of services, from routine wellness to advanced emergency and critical care. Our diverse team of clinicians and licensed veterinary technicians offers many years and different specialized areas of veterinary medicine.
The Benefits of Working at Wilson Vet:
- Our practice is privately owned by a diplomate of the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners.
- From new graduates to veterinarians and technicians with more than 25 years of experience, our employees are able to provide an extensive array of knowledge of veterinary medicine, as well as mentor incoming employees.
- Many of our veterinarians have specialized training in different areas including ultrasonography, echocardiography, and orthopedic and soft tissue surgery.
- Several of our veterinarians are internship-trained
- We encourage our employees to explore areas of special interest, and we provide a generous continuing education package.
- Whether you are interested in wellness and outpatient appointments, emergency, internal medicine, or surgery, our clinics can offer you not only the ability to practice in whichever field of veterinary medicine you prefer, but training and mentorship under our clinicians and technicians with years of experience.
- For prospective employees interested in rescue medicine, Rescue Veterinary Services provides tailored care at discounted prices for animal rescues including spay/neuter/dentistry clinics and wellness exams.
- Wilson Veterinary Hospital has an adoption program called The Sparky Fund, where we take in and treat disadvantaged pets with medical conditions. After they have been treated and cleared for adoption, we find them loving homes.
- Our main campus is located in Washington Township, Michigan, and we have satellite locations in Sterling Heights, Yale, Dryden, Richmond, and Oxford, so we can offer a location within a reasonable distance to you.
- We offer extremely flexible scheduling, including 8-hour, 10-hour, and 12-hour shifts, and we will work around your schedule. Our main practice is open 24 hours, so we can accommodate almost any shift you may require, both full-time and part-time, to provide a healthy work/life balance.
- Our employees appreciate working here! 13 of our veterinarians and more than 20 of our technicians (at one of our locations alone) have been employed with us for more than 10 years.
- Our practice includes a very strong support staff of outstanding and experienced licensed veterinary technicians.
- Our practice includes digital radiography, digital dental radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, electrosurgery, Snyder ICU unit, hydrotherapy, and we will be installing a CT machine in the near future.
Our benefit package includes medical, dental, generous CE allowance, uniform allowance, generous employee discount, and a 401K with match. We offer an extremely competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: Less than 1 year