Overlake Medical Center is currently seeking an Emergency Department Technician for our Emergency Department. The ED Tech provides direct patient care to patients and their families under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. May provide care to patients of various ages. Overlake's Emergency Department is a 40 bed Level III Trauma Center that serves as the back-up hospital to Harborview Medical Center in the event of a large-scale emergency or regional disaster.
This is a .9 FTE (72 hours in a two-week work schedule, including every other weekend), 12-Hour night position. Full benefits, free parking, generous perks and tuition program!
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program or equivalent documented nursing training experience. Applicants enrolled in a healthcare training program or EMT credentials may also be considered.
- Washington State Nursing Assistant - Certified (NA-C) required or will consider Washington State Nursing Assistant Registered (NA-R).
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (BLS) required.
- Washington State Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist (MA-P) must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of one year of recent experience in a health care setting involving patient contact preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and EKG preferred.
- Computer familiarity is preferred.
- Knowledge and handling of hospital equipment and record keeping.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in the English language.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer