About Southern California Ambulance
Southern California Ambulance is a non-emergency interfacility ambulance service with operations in LA County. We are a company that strives to work beyond expectations in each individual position to encourage teamwork and leadership from all our team members. We pride ourselves on fostering a positive working atmosphere built upon respect and trust for each other in order to encourage honesty and cohesiveness.
We are currently hiring qualified EMTs. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. If you have experience and a desire to learn and succeed, please send us your resume! We would love to hear from you.
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- $1500 sign-on bonus
- On the job training
- 24/24 pay
Emergency Medical Technician Responsibilities:
- Provide EMT shift coverage based on call volume needs.
- Responds to instructions from dispatch and drive the emergency vehicle to specified locations.
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, in order to establish the basic life support procedures needed to be followed, basing decisions on statements of persons involved, examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Removes or assists in removal of victims from vehicles, or the scene of an accident or catastrophe, and assists in the transfer of victims to receiving facilities.
- Takes and records patient's vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse, and respiratory rate.
- Administers prescribed treatment at the site of an emergency, or in specially equipped vehicles, performing such activities as first aid, immobilization of injuries, application of splints, administration of oxygen, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of basic life support procedures.
- Assists admitting and billing personnel to obtain and record information related to the patient's vital statistics and to establish the necessity for medical transportation.
- Completes field care report patient billing /trip ticket and daily driver's unit checkout form.
- Assist with equipment, medication and supply inventory management
- On-call coverage.
Emergency Medical Technician Requirements:
- CA EMT Certification
- Healthcare Provider Card
- Current CA Drivers License
- Ambulance Drivers Certificate (ADC)
- Medical Examiner's Certificate (DL-51)
Job Type: Part Time/Full-time