UniversityHospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a widerange of surgical and medical services Since opening in 1974, we have distinguishedourselves as a leader in breakthroughs in orthopedic care as well as jointreplacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and SpineInstitute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent,adult and geriatric services while our outpatient services include a Partialhospitalization program (PHP), Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and a 24 hourbehavioral health support hotline. Theyare also a certifiedBaker Act receiving facility. University islicensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and certified by theJoint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Our family-friendly ER provides expert,compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations forseniors. Other specialty services include a wound care center as well as comprehensivediagnostic services accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CTimaging by the American College of Radiology.
Wecontinue a proud tradition of providing high quality personalized care in ourlocal community. Explore possibilities to join our team where colleagues are valued and pledge to treat one another withloyalty, respect, and dignity.
We offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employeediscount program, and employee stock purchase program.
- Recognizes and immediately reports changes in patient’s status and condition and reports to RN or Charge RN.
- Accurately obtains and documents patient vital signs, which include temperature, respirations, pulse, weight and blood pressure.
- Performs and documents point of care blood glucose monitoring per Physician’s order and hospital policies and procedure. Reports results to RN and performs control test each shift when assigned.
- Assures call lights are answered and patient needs are met.
- Responsible for the supplying equipment based off the department needs.
- Assesses, collaborates and coordinates the patient’s transfer or discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with the other members of the health care team and patient/family/SO.