Skills/Qualifications:MUST BE CURRENTLY TEXAS CERTIFIED WITH EMT BASIC, INTERMEDIATE OR PARAMEDIC CERTIFICATIONS.
IF YOU ARE NOT CERTIFIED BY THE STATE OF TEXAS AS A BASIC or INTERMEDIATE or PARAMEDIC PLEASE DO NOT APPLY! WE CANNOT USE PERSONNEL UNLESS YOU HAVE A CERT for EMS! (WE ARE LOOKING FOR WHEELCHAIR VAN DRIVERS for NON MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION AS WELL)
Clinical Skills, Medical Teamwork, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Use of Medical Technologies, Proactive, Handles Pressure, Judgment, Acute/Critical Care, Emotional Control, Professionalism, Self-Confidence, Emergency Medicine, Medical transportation, emergency transport Job Purpose:Provides emergency medical support by responding to emergencies; stabilizing and transporting patients.Duties:
* Prepares to transport patients by completing operator vehicle inspections; inventorying supplies; correcting deficiencies.
* Responds to emergencies by choosing route; observing traffic conditions; avoiding dangerous situations; maintaining communications with dispatcher.
* Determines medical and safety requirements at emergency scene by assessing medical status of ill or injured persons; assessing prevailing circumstances; calling for support.* Stabilizes ill or injured persons by rendering first aid; relaying status to medical personnel.
* Maintains order at emergency scene by controlling access; providing information to friends and relatives.
* Maintains safe and healthy conditions by following organization medical standards and legal regulations.
* Clears emergency scene by transporting victims.
* Completes reports by entering required information.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.