Vidant Chowan Hospital - Edenton
ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Chowan Hospital in Edenton, NC are seeking a BE/BC Emergency Medicine physician or a Family/Internal Medicine physician with Emergency Medicine experience. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Historic Edenton is a waterfront community located 90 minutes from Norfolk, VA, 2 hours east of Raleigh, NC and 1 hour from the beautiful beaches of The Outer Banks.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Privileges of Vidant Chowan Hospital, a 25-bed community hospital
- Well established healthcare system
- Ability to live in a beautiful waterfront community with an affordable cost of living
- 7-bed Emergency Department with strong Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant support during the day
- 24-hour hospitalist and radiology coverage
- Acute Stroke Ready Certification from the Joint Commission
- Twelve 12-hour shifts per month
- Strong air and ground support to immediately transfer patients
- Full scope of services provided at hospital including General Surgery, OBGYN, Orthopedics, Primary Care, Oncology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Sports Medicine
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Relocation assistance
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 500 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Chowan Hospital
Vidant Chowan Hospital in Edenton is a 25-bed critical access hospital which provides programs and services to 110,000 people in 6 counties. It offers medical and surgical services, including intensive care, a specialty care clinic and a dedicated outpatient surgery area with endoscopy capabilities. A 7-bed emergency department serves approximately 16,000 patients per year.
Edenton, located along the Albemarle Sound, is a showcase of exceptional historic architecture, scenic beauty, and rich history as the first colonial capital of North Carolina. Its unique historic district, vibrant downtown, spectacular sunsets, and beautiful waterfront living make Edenton an easy place to call home.
- Ability to live on the water
- Only 1 hour to Chesapeake, VA and a short drive to the world-famous Outer Banks beaches, various water sport activities and three golf courses
- Recognized by Forbes.com as one of America’s prettiest towns
- Low cost of living
- Abundance of activities including boating, sailing, fishing, hiking, kayaking and canoeing and so much more
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Steven Mitchell at (252)847-2038 or Steven.Mitchell@Vidanthealth.com.