The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking emergency medicine physicians for multiple locations including Mount Sinai Beth Israel in downtown Manhattan. Mount Sinai Beth Israel (MSBI) is notable for its unique approach to combining medical excellence with clinical innovation. With over 90,000 visits annually, this department offers and exciting opportunity to work in one of the most geographically diverse and vulnerable neighborhoods of New York City. MSBI is a certified STEMI and Stroke receiving facility and recently received the Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award. We provide superior pediatric care, with dedicated attendings board certified in pediatric emergency medicine and the only Pediatric Observation Area in the region. Additionally, MSBI will be moving to a brand new, state-of-the-art facility located at 14th Street and 2nd Avenue, scheduled to open in 2021.
This site has a unique emergency medicine residency training program, and the EM training program is part of the largest EM training consortium in the country. Our department provides superior training in ultrasound and simulation. This allows for unlimited opportunities within the Mount Sinai System.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated and innovative, and they will play an instrumental role in ensuring exceptional patient care, quality outcomes, and satisfaction. Additionally, candidates with fellowship training are preferred. For appropriate candidates, there is an opportunity for a faculty appointment with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, commensurate with credentials, experience, and qualifications. Opportunities may be available for academic and research activity. Highly competitive salary and benefits offered.
- Full-time position
- Clinical evaluation and treatment of patients, including supervision of residents and other clinical staff
- Collaborative treatment planning with multiple clinical disciplines
- Educational and research opportunities at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, including faculty appointment
- Significant opportunities for leadership and career development
- Additional support staff
- Medical Degree from an accredited university
- New York State Medical License
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine
- DEA required
- Fellowship training preferred
- Excellence in communication, organization, and bedside manners
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in and grow a team-oriented, performance-driven department