In this position you will:
Verifies two (2) patient identifiers prior to any patient procedure or activity.
Assists with patient transportation when admitted and discharged.
Observes and reports data collection to RN.
Provides direct patient care tasks/duties that have been delegated by the RN.
Recognizes and reports problems immediately to the RN.
Stocks patient care areas with appropriate supplies at the beginning of each shift and on an ongoing basis.
Performs transportation of patients and lifting support, as assigned.
- Makes routine rounds throughout the work area, collecting linens, trash, trays, and other equipment and places in designated areas.
- Performs triage duties, including facilitating sign-in and initial registration process, informing patients and family re: triage process, etc
- Informs triage RN regarding patient complaints, changes in patient’s condition or patients who wish to leave LWOT or AMA.
- Assists RN with monitoring of waiting room patients including, but not limited to, specimen collection, vital signs every 2hrs, and repeat temperatures as directed by the triage nurse.
- Responsible for accurate and concise documentation following hospital documentation standards prior to patient discharge/transfer.
- Complies with organization-wide and department specific policies and procedures.