This is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing Employee Benefits brokerage as an Account Executive. In this leadership role, you will be directly responsible for managing key accounts, working with other consultants as well as being the team lead for a dynamic group of people handling a significant book of business. If you are seeking a work culture that appreciates smart, committed, passionate individuals, then consider this positionit could be a perfect fit for you.
Below are just some of the functions of this position:
- Execute and drive the annual client life cycle; implement a multi-year strategy to ensure client budget and retention goals are met.
- Utilize motivational and mentoring skills to grow the team members and account management staff
- Set clear team expectations, delegate tasks and meet deadlines within the client services team
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, carriers and staff
- Use consultative guidance on renewal and ongoing strategic plans
- Oversee the processes for renewal and new business proposals, meeting materials, and additional supporting documentation
- Manage quarterly meetings, mid-year financial analysis and stewardship reporting
- Maintain relevant knowledge of carrier/vendor products and underwriting appetites
- Create accurate, effective employee communication materials
- Design a variety of presentations to conduct open enrollment meetings, benefit fairs, renewal and prospecting meetings, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry legislative/compliance issues such as ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- In-depth background managing all lines of employee benefits coverage: alternate funding arrangements (e.g. self-funded, ASO, level-funded)
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong abstract reasoning and analytical capabilities
- Skillful time-manager
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in Employee Benefits with an brokerage
- College Degree preferred, but not required
- Licensed WA Life & Disability
- Travel required to branch offices in other states with occasional overnight stays
- Must have dependable transportation and valid drivers license
- Salary of $85,00 - $100,000 annually
- Company profitability bonus
- Paid parking if car is needed
- Car use reimbursed
- Full benefits
- Other perks to be discussed