Title: Employee Benefits & Compliance Consultant
This position will be scheduled in the Human Resources Total Rewards department at The Christ Hospital Central Business Office, 237 William Howard Taft Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219.
Job Overview: Interpret plan documents and program rules to ensure compliance and legal administration of all employee and executive benefit programs including but not limited to health, wellness, retirement and income protection. Ensure required reporting and communications are provided accurately and timely. Conduct analyses and audits to help avoid potential legal and regulatory issues. If identified, create and implement an action plan to remedy any regulatory issues.
The Employee Benefits & Compliance Consultant may perform the following duties:
- Manage TCH’s regulatory compliance filings and ensure compliance with emerging trends, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial transactions, which may include reporting, benefit funding, account reconciliation transactions, payment of fees and auditing of plans.
- Remain current on changing legislation and regulations in order to meet current needs while forecasting and planning for future needs and obligations. This may include partnering with our providers to request and analyze trends related to legislative changes and best practices, especially within the Healthcare industry
- Serve as primary contact for plan partners and third-party administrators to ensure appropriate support levels and adherence to plan controls.
- Ensure appropriate benefit plan coordination with payroll, alignment with HRIS, plan documents and administrative guidelines and source document.
- Provide project management and oversight for benefit programs and projects, especially those focused on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Perform internal audits of our plans to ensure administration is according to plan provisions and regulatory guidelines.
- Severs as primary administrator for executive benefit plans, to include, primary contact for third party administrators, participant communications, participant data, analysis and calculations, and funding.
- Facilitate the design, development, implementation and administration of benefit communications, policies, and programs ensuring alignment with TCH strategies and the Total Value concept.
- Responsible to identify more efficient and compliant approaches with existing processes.
- Back-up for phones, walk-ins and email support of Total Value Team and other related duties as needed.
Education: HS Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Licenses and Certifications: CEBS Certifications preferred.
Experience: 5 – 10 years of Benefits experience required in large complex organizations handling advanced level tasks with little direction while relying upon experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and objectives.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Federal, State and IRS regulations to include COBRA, FMLA and ERISA, Qualified and Non-Qualified Retirement plans.
- Excellent persuasive communication skills (verbal and written), presentation, time management and organization skills required.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs with a customer service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Lawson HRIS is desired
- Ability to effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and have strong problem resolution and project management skills.
There are many ways to define excellence. For us at The Christ Hospital, it’s all about our patients...And making healthcare what they want it to be. Accessible. Personal. Affordable.
Our commitment toexceptional outcomes,affordable careand the finestpatient experiencesis recognized yearly with numerous awards from leading healthcare organizations and publications. At the top of our list of honors are the 17 consecutive years that we’ve been named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Hospitals and being named the Most Preferred Hospital by the Greater Cincinnati community for 21 consecutive years (National Research Corporation).
What does this mean for you?
GROWTH- opportunities to learn, develop, and impact.
VALUE- a robust employee package that provides you the ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive compensation, flexible and meaningful benefits, development opportunities so you can be your best self, and a culture of compassion.
PRIDE- from all that we have accomplished in our past, and all that we’re positioned for in the future.
CHALLENGE- we are in one of the most competitive markets in the nation, yet continue to rise to the top through our incredible employees and transformational results. We seek individuals motivated by what it takes to be a part of a winning team.
Named #24 on Forbes 500 America’s Best Employers for 2017, we are transforming care…inspired by you.