The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the overall benefits package for all employees from entry level to executive. Works with benefits consultants to set a competitive strategy for the benefits package, with a key focus on cost optimization, and administers and provides timely advice and clarity on all company benefit programs.
- Ensure all benefit plans are administered correctly and efficiently, while adhering to federal, state and local legal requirements and corporate deadlines. Study existing and new legislation, obtain qualified opinions, and advise management on needed actions.
- Audit and approve billing statements. Audit employee benefit deductions and remittances.
- Be responsible for the HRIS system as it pertains to benefits.
- Provide functional guidance and direction to employees, departmental managers, plus insurance carriers and consultants.
- Recommend benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends/developments in benefits offered by other organizations. Obtain advice from consultants.
- Work with benefits consultants, insurers and internal departments to maximize plan performance and the employee experience, as well as continually improving processes.
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions by overseeing benefit analysis and plan transitions/implementation, and providing effective communication and updates to impacted employees.
- Maintain benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems, initiating new-hire and COBRA benefits in a timely fashion, and recording changes.
- Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Research and resolve escalated employee issues with carriers and provide timely communication and resolution back to the employee.
- Be involved in the preparation of written employee communications, plan employee communication meetings and presentations.
- Manage 401k compliance, tracking and reporting requirements as directed by 401k administrator. Process employee requests, including informational requests, loans and withdrawals.
- Schedule employee testing as needed, including biometric screens.
- Oversee Workers Compensation claims, reports, and relationship with insurer. Work with corporate nurse to ensure all work-related injuries are managed effectively to minimize severity and cost.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience working with medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plans is required.
- Ability to create reports and analyze information.
- Strong communication and customer service skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently and multi task.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a benefits-related role required. An equivalent combination of education and related experience to equal 9 years will also be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plans is required.
At BraunAbility, we have been providing independence for individuals with disabilities since 1972. Ralph Braun started this venture nearly four decades ago with a few dedicated and loyal employees. We have grown to be the world's leading mobility manufacturer with nearly 900 employees. We have maintained an employee first mentality with an informal and family oriented atmosphere. You will enjoy all of the resources of a large, worldwide company while relishing a small company atmosphere with an open door policy and very easy access to management and ownership. In addition to competitive pay, benefits and opportunities for advancement, a career with Braun also means knowing that you're making a difference.
Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
Life and Disability Insurance
401(k) and Profit Sharing
Performance bonus program
Access to a Health Coach
Onsite Medical Facility for Employee and Family
Our company traces its roots back to 1963 when Ralph Braun, driven by his own needfor greater mobility, built the Tri-Wheeler in his cousin's farm shop. As his mobility increased, so did attention from the rest of the disabled community. By 1972, the company had grown to become a manufacturing industry leader with a full line of mobility products.