General Dynamics Electric Boat is the world’s foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, the most complex machines made by man. The company’s industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the U.S. Navy's first commissioned undersea warship. Today, Electric Boat prides itself on being the premier shipbuilding company in the industry. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
As an Employee Relocation Representative you will be working hand-in-hand with members of the HR organization as well as representatives from across all organizations within Electric Boat. This position will be responsible for overseeing the day to day administration and management of the company’s relocation program and new hire indoctrination process. In this position the selected candidate will interface with Aires (Electric Boat’s Relocation Service Provider) and provide oversight with the relocation (domestic and international) of new hires and current employees. This position ensures an exceptional candidate experience and assists in expediting the recruiting process overall. The Employee Relocation Representative will provide day-to-day support to the Talent Acquisition/Staffing team and will help recruit, relocate, and retain potential candidates.
- Assist employees with various relocation activities.
- Assist in managing relationships with EB’s Relocation Service Provider.
- Assist with the on boarding of new hires through the processes of relocation
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of travel procedures as it related to relocation
- Assist with the creation of company relocation agreements and policies
- Drive continuous improvement of relocation programs
- Coordinate candidate interviews and where applicable, support the coordination of candidate travel & the candidate interview expenses process with our external vendor (BCD Travel)
- Ensure hiring process and documentation is completed in compliance with company policies/procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Oversee the travel reimbursement process for candidates
- Working closely with the Security Administration, Medical Administration, and Payroll organizations to ensure that all required prerequisites are complete and accurate prior to the start of all new employees
- Coordinate pre-employment employment tasks (e.g. background check, drug screening) and communicate to appropriate parties on completeness/pending issues, while ensuring legislative requirements are met
- Support process improvement initiatives
- BS/BA degree is required. Degrees in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management are preferred.
- 2 years or more of Experience in Human Resources
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint)
- 2 years or more of experience with staffing systems and tools
- Degrees in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management
- At least one year of relocation administration experience
- Experience with developing metrics, data analysis, and reporting
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, especially iCIMS is strongly desired
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs
- Excellent project management
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills
- Well-organized and reliable
- Detail oriented
- Proven work ethic
- Customer-oriented approach and Responsive
- Experience in a fast paced, professional environment
- Work well in a team environment
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement