How would you like to make an impact? Come and join our team where our purpose is serving individuals with disabilities! Are you ready to explore new opportunities?
When you join ServiceSource, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become a part of the ServiceSource family, a group of talented men and women who drive innovation, embrace change, and celebrate the global community.
This position provides job development, job coaching, and on-going support to youth with disabilities transitioning from school to work. Develops sites for community based situational assessments, work experiences, and employment. Implements community-based training. Develops and maintains positive relationships with DVR, DVI, DDDS, School Districts and other referring agencies, and collaborates with Consumers and Consumer’s Support Partners to develop appropriate community integrated employment. Reports directly to the Director, Assistant. Director of Employment Services or their designee in performing these specific duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review.
- Develop relationships with businesses to create jobs for participants and
Situational Assessment sites for the department. Participate in Job Development
meetings within the affiliate and the community; attend networking events, share opportunities with co-workers.
- Perform Situational Assessments, 1:1 Career Counseling, Job Readiness
training, Job Coaching, job interview assistance, transportation training and support on the job.
- Maintain participant files according to Polices & Procedures. Ensure files
consistently meet standards for all regulatory entities and ensure databases are
always maintained accurately.
- Build and maintain relationships with participants, families & funding/referral sources by ensuring proper communication, soliciting input and providing quality services.
- Treat program plans as living documents that are updated regularly; ensuring they contain relevant goals, developed with the participant and include service activities.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned/requested.
- Coordinate job development activities with current and potential employers in order to place or replace people in employment.
- initial placement should occur within 60 days of placement agreement meeting.
- Re-placement should occur within 90 days of job separation.
- Complete a job analysis of all potential employment sites.
- Maintain at least weekly contact with individuals who are waiting for employment, daily contact for individuals who are receiving job coaching, and twice a month for individuals in follow along.
- Fully inform each individual of job opportunities available and the specifics related to the job in order to assist each person in choosing the best employment option.
- Coordinate transportation issues, prior to each person accepting employment & provide mobility training when needed.
- Provide job coaching at the work site.
- Maintain database of individuals served, services provided, and outcomes attained.
- Submit required reports and maintain paperwork, according to organization’s process and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Bachelor's Degree in Special Education, Psychology, or a related social service field and/or
equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience in the social service field preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets acceptable standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of different populations to be served
- Knowledge of differing disabilities and vocational impacts.
- Must be organized, motivated, and able to work independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form.
- Must provide own transportation, automobile liability insurance and maintain positive driving record to perform required job responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain CESP certification within 24 months.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, & holidays when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move culinary products and supplies, up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
What We Offer – for Benefit Eligible Employees May Include:
Because ServiceSource hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Financial protection with 100% company paid Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
- A 403(b)-Retirement plan in which the company matches dollar for dollar on a generous percentage matching up to 3% of your contribution.
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- To help you manage your work and life needs, we offer an Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, and Tuition Assistance.
- A generous paid time-off program in which the benefits increase based on your tenure with the company.
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office http://www.servicesource.org/contact-us.We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information