Location: Riggenbach Road, Fall River, MA
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:30pm
People, Incorporated is a human service Agency serving the Southcoast community, including the Greater Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton areas. As a partnership of specialized, integrated programs, we provide unique opportunities to people with life challenges. Since our inception in 1968, we have been one of the largest providers of supports and services to people of all abilities in the community. Let People, Incorporated be Your Path to Opportunity!
The Employment Specialist provides services necessary to assist consumers in obtaining and maintaining employment in integrated settings.
- Develop employment opportunities for consumers through resources and contacts.
- Provide on-site training and support to consumers to facilitate successful transition into employment.
- Work with managers and coworkers to develop natural supports and promote integration in the workplace.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with employers.
- Provide on-going support including job training, counseling, and service coordination as needed.
- Collect data and maintain records of job performance, training, and other employment data and supports.
- Maintain communication with referral agencies, families, and other involved parties.
- Participate in and facilitate meetings designed to solicit community support for individual job development and to identify ideal job types and environments.
- Participate in staff meetings and regular supervision meetings.
- Associate degree in Human Services or related field, or diploma and two years of experience working with developmentally disabled adults, or suitable combination of education and experience.
- Skill in organizing work and coaching workers.
- Skill in verbal and written communication and relationship building with wide range of people.
- Ability to develop and maintain employment opportunities for developmentally disabled adults.
- Ability to work as part of team to develop and monitor work placements.
- A qualifying criminal background check, motor vehicle record and valid driver’s license is also required.
- People, Incorporated offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health, dental, 403(b), FSA, LTD, life insurance and generous accrued time off. To learn more about People Incorporated please visit us online at www.peopleinc-fr.org
UNITED WAY MEMBER AGENCY