PathPoint, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities or disadvantages to reach their fullest potential, is seeking an Employment Specialist in Northridge, CA. This is a unique and rewarding outside sales position that helps people with disabilities or disadvantages secure meaningful employment.
As an Employment Specialist, you will meet with employers and establish trusting, collaborative partnerships with the goal of securing competitive job placements for individuals or with disabilities or disadvantages. This role entails spending time in the community, prospecting and generating leads, and championing the supports offered by our employment programs.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with occasional evenings and weekends. The work environment is a mix of in the office, work from home, and in the community.
Please include a cover letter when applying; we want to hear your voice and why you are interested in the position.
- Actively promote PathPoint and the hiring of individuals who have disabilities or are economically disadvantaged. Generate leads and lists of prospective employers appropriate to people of varying interests and strengths supported through PathPoint's programs.
- Assist individuals with pre-employment vocational counseling to establish goals, timelines, and responsibilities.
- Assist individuals with job preparation activities: resume preparation, cover letters, and job applications; contact local employers, arrange interviews, and accompany the individual to interviews when requested.
- Work with program staff to confirm job matching and level of intervention required.
- Set up and maintain placement files, document activities, complete and submit required reports, and attend business/community functions.
- Maintain good customer relations throughout the life of the employment collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- 2-3 years of commission-driven outside Business Development/Sales experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to gain commitment, trust and cooperation
- Highly organized and results-driven, with ways to create avenues of opportunities that didn't previously exist
- Able to answer unasked questions, guide conversation and overcome objections/concerns in order to put to rest an employer's fears
- Must pass Livescan DOJ fingerprint background check, health screen and TB (tuberculosis) test
- Must possess a valid driver's license with at least 5 years driving history, satisfactory DMV driving record, and regular use of vehicle with current registration and insurance
- Able to endure physical activities such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, and be capable of lifting 30-40 pounds
Compensation and Benefit Package:$18.00 per hour plus a generous commission plan. As a full-time employee, you'll be eligible for PathPoint's generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, holidays, and sick time; 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match; Flexible Spending Accounts; a wellness program with cash rewards; and a free Employee Assistance Program.
About PathPoint:PathPoint, a non-profit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. PathPoint partners with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. Founded in 1964, it offers services in five Central Coast and Southern California counties: Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.