How would you like to make an impact? Come and join our team where our purpose is serving individuals with disabilities! Are you ready to explore new opportunities? When you join ServiceSource, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become a part of the ServiceSource family, a group of talented men and women who drive innovation, embrace change, and celebrate the global community.
Under the supervision of the Individual Placement Support Team Lead, the Employment Support Professional (ESP) working the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) evidence-based Supported Employment Model, focuses on employment, that provides assistance in choosing, acquiring, and maintaining competitive paid employment in the community for individuals 18 years and older for whom employment has not been achieved or employment has been interrupted or intermittent. The ESP works closely with the Employment Peer Mentor, Team Lead, Alliance BHC, and Vocational Rehabilitation works quickly in a collaborative, prompt, and timely manner to maximize motivation, provide assertive engagement, and a rapid job search approach for individuals in this model.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review.
- Complete PCP, Crisis Plan, Career Profile, releases, NC Topps, VR intake/work plan & provides information about Social Security Work Incentives.
- Provide systematic Job Development by spending 65% of their time visiting employers, who are selected based on job seeker preferences, to learn about their business needs and hiring preferences. Makes at least 6 face-to-face employer contacts per week on behalf of the individual looking for work. Keeps weekly tracking form to document employer contacts.
- Meet weekly with two Mental Health Treatment Teams to coordinate services, discuss individual and their employment goals with shared decision-making. Attend IPS Steering Committee Meetings, weekly supervision meetings with IPS Team Lead. Collaboration with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors for purposes of discussing shared individuals at monthly staffing’s.
- Provide individualized follow along supports to ensure ongoing employment retention and success yet focused on titrating paid supports down and increasing natural and community supports. Provides ongoing career advancement and planning supports that expand opportunities for professional growth, assist with re-enrollment in higher education or credentialing to expand job skills or enhance career development, and assist the individual in monitoring their satisfaction with employment or determining level of interest for advancement with current employer, and/or changing employers for career advancement.
- Knowledge and application of the evidence-based model and each additional year of employment from date of hire, enroll/receive 5 or more hours of additional training which include specialty approaches for the implementation of ethical, person-centered, best practice IPS per population served via locally-provided training, webinars, or regional/national conferences and must be documented
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Communicate in writing, via phone/email, as well as collaborate in person with Team Lead, Employment Peer Mentor, Rehabilitation Program Director, VR Counselors, Alliance Health Staff, Two Behavioral Health Providers, ServiceSource Peers, Consumers, families, natural supports, employers, housing, transportation, and other community service providers who support the individuals.
- Coordinate services and assure person-centeredness in the service planning process.
- Develop relationships with employers by learning about their businesses, hiring practice, hiring preferences, and business priorities over multiple visits.
- Develop the Person- Centered Plan for individuals.
- Provide critical elements of the Individual Placement Support model to include: career profile, benefits counseling, behavioral health integration, addressing barriers to employment, rapid job search, systematic job development, support with disclosure, job accommodations/assistive technology, follow along supports, career and education development and ongoing skill building and psychiatric rehabilitation. Caseload size not to exceed 20.
Qualifications: Education, Experience and Certification(s)
- Qualified Professional (MH), An Associate Professional (MH), or a Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP), & has the required experience serving MH/SA population.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Human Services field required, plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience and/or training working with individuals with severe mental illness.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to transport participants in company vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with consumers, families, all levels of staff, and community agencies;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office software suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Knowledge and application of the evidence-based model and applicable approaches of employments to include: Customized Employment, Self-Employment, Micro-Enterprise, Small Business or Business -Led Internship Training;
- A well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standard exists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
What We Offer – for Benefit Eligible Employees May Include:
Because ServiceSource hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Medical, dental, and vision plan
- Vacation, sick, and personal days: 24 PTO days in your first year + 11 paid holidays per year
- Domestic partner/dependent coverage
- 403(b) and Roth retirement accounts matched up to 3%
- 401(a) discretionary retirement account funded by employer contributions after 1st year of working
- Company paid AD&D, life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account (DCFSA)
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- For eligible employees, tuition reimbursement for continuing education and career development
- Professional development and training opportunities offered at no cost throughout the year
- Staff mentoring programs
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office http://www.servicesource.org/contact-us.We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information