Location: Park West
Requisition #: 34283
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is hiring an EMR Training & Support Specialist to join our permanent team. The EMR Training & Support Specialist facilitates training programs to providers and clinical staff which enhance technical skills and promote clinical and professional development. Delivers classroom training, one-on-one training, and at-the-elbow user support for the full suite of electronic medical record clinical applications used within the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta system.
- Graduation from accredited senior college with a degree in computer science, training and development, business, education, nursing, or equivalent experience
- No professional certifications required
- One year of experience in facilitation in computer software, education, healthcare business systems, and/or clinical staff development
- Experience in development and editing of instructional material
- Experience in providing training for electronic medical record or similar applications
- Experience working as a school teacher or professor highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with a variety of personnel within teams and across organizational lines
- Executive-level presence and comfortable providing training and support to clinicians and leaders
- Must be adaptable to change and able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Strong initiative and can establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timelines and with minimal supervisor assistance
- Flexibility to work rotating schedule and available as needed to respond to emergency situations
- Provide various on the floor training for providers (Physicians and Advanced–Practice Providers), with appropriate testing to confirm their ability in the proper use of the EMR system and delivery of quality patient care, according to defined standards.
- Provides one-on-one training and at-the-elbow support to clinical staff users at various campuses, ensuring clinical staff are able to complete charting and clinical documentation.
- Develops training materials, including lesson plans, tip sheets, assessments used to support classroom training, implementations, and post-training reinforcement.
- Performs rounds regularly on inpatient and ambulatory units and as needed at urgent care locations to provide support and instruction to clinical staff on effective use of electronic medical record applications.
- Works collaboratively with other members of project and training team to assist in developing and maintaining the training program.
- Gathers user needs and technical support issues and acts as liaison to Information Systems & Technology applications analysts and system administrators to ensure user issues are resolved.
- Assists in conducting training needs, task, and job analyses to develop technical training strategy.
- Participates in educational and leadership opportunities to enhance professional growth and clinical expertise.
- Maintains knowledge of basic Children's Healthcare of Atlanta policies and procedures and best practices as relates to electronic medical record use.
- Ability to work any scheduled shift between 7a-11p including weekends and holidays as needed.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27neighborhood locations and a total of 638 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for fourteen consecutive years and named one of the “100 Best Companies” by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 2800 Century Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
Function: Information Technology - Business Partnering