Do you have experience training and supporting users of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software, or related experience, a high comfort level working with software/databases, and a willingness to learn? This position is responsible for providing direct support to users of the electronic medical record, VisionWorks. Serves as the liaison between RYC, the EMR vendor, Patient Accounts, and IT, regarding software and hardware issues and updates. Works with multiple departments and programs to determine application needs or enhancements and recommends viable alternatives. Analyzes processes to determine accuracy, efficiency and productivity to ensure compliance and financial effectiveness. Coordinates updates to the EMR to ensure maximum use for end-users, utilizing the Robert Young Center’s Trauma Informed Care Guiding Principles.
EMR Updates and Changes
- Initiate updates with VisionWorks including obtaining quotes from the vendor.
- Maintains EMR configuration including: dictionaries, tables, and core maintenance.
- Responds to security requests and adds new users to the system and updating user access.
- Updates service rates in system maintenance annually or as needed for accurate billing.
- Leads in making record corrections to ensure regulatory compliance
- Analyzes Supplemental Documentation notes and enters billing corrections.
- Assists in report development, report output and specialized reporting requests. Prepares custom reports using appropriate reporting software, and data mining tools.
- Develops and maintains knowledge about all aspects of the EMR for RYC.
- Analyzes and determines possible solutions for problems encountered by computer users..
- Trouble-shoots errors on-site or through the phone as quickly as possible.
- Communicates with UnityPoint IT to help resolve any VisionWorks related needs.
- Engages the vendor with any system errors or unresolved issues.
- Assures the quality and integrity of the system design, data entered and information generated.
- Educates end users about the use of the EMR to best benefit their performance of job responsibilities.
- Interacts with all departments to ensure user satisfaction, and acts as a contact person between EMR, Robert Young Center.
- Provides appropriate training for end users on the EMR as well as other organizational wide training initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or direct and applicable work experience
- Skills in the operations of computers and other office equipment, including Microsoft Office
- Technical aptitude - ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and customer service-focused
- One year experience in hospital information systems or health information management
- Registered Health Information Technologist or Registered Health Information Administrator
- Skilled and experienced in independent judgement and decision making