More Information about this Job
Job Title: EMT Basic Special Event
Location: Arlington, TX
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Department: Operations FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls during non-field special events and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
1 year of 911 experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
- Current Texas State EMT License.
- Possess a valid Texas State Driver's License.
- Current BCLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract or state law).
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled