This position is based out of our Onamia MN campus with rotation expectations between the Onamia and Isle locations
12 hour shifts with Day or Night Shifts with weekend and holiday rotation
Under the direction of, and in collaboration with the Ambulance Manager, performs responsibilities exercising initiative, judgment and independent decision-making in accordance with the EMSRB (Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board). Utilizes standard operating procedures in (assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation) in a systematic approach in providing the direct and indirect care of patients. During the times that onsite staff are not responding to 911 calls, EMTs (On Call EMTs will take calls and offsite EMTs will be expected to respond within 10 minutes) will be assigned to assist in duties located at the Isle Clinic, Senior Care Unit and Acute Care under the direction of Department Manager or individual denoted as charge or lead in that area. (On Call EMTs will take calls and offsite EMTs will be expected to respond within 10 minutes).
- Immediate response to 911 calls and up to 30 minute response for inter-facility transfers.
- Apply appropriate treatment to patients of all ages in accordance with established standard operating procedures.
- Effective, positive communication skills working with peers, public, patients and all MLHS employees.
- Ability to give complete oral patient reports and written patient reports (including correct spelling and legible hand writing).
- Ability to work independently without supervision while performing EMT duties.
- Demonstrate team by performing delegated duties in a positive manner, providing encouragement and support in the clinical area assigned.
- Assist other MLHS Departments as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Registered as Emergency Medical Technician in Minnesota
- Basic Life Support HCP CPR Certification
- Valid Minnesota Driver's License
Preferred Education and Experience
- EVOC certification
- Nationally registered EMT
- Experience working in EMT role
Company Benefits Overview
- Wellness Program
- Service and Pharmacy Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay